Hello! My name is Elizabeth, but you can call me Eby (イビ). I live in Wisconsin in the U.S., which is near the Great Lakes; it’s very cold here in winter! I have a bachelor's degree in English from the University of Wisconsin, and I’ve been teaching English professionally for over 10 years. Teaching English in Japan:
I taught business English and English conversation in Tochigi, Japan; I taught classes at four different companies near Utsunomiya. I enjoyed eating gyoza, and I also enjoyed going to the hot springs near Lake Chuzenji (中禅寺湖) in Nikko. I drove my car up the Irohazaka road (いろは坂) many times!
Later, I taught English classes to business and conversation students in Sapporo, Hokkaido. I enjoyed Sapporo sashimi, ramen, and soup curry. I also enjoyed karaoke with my Japanese friends! Feel free to ask me about my favorite Japanese songs. Teaching English in the U.S.:
At a local Wisconsin technical college, I taught “English Composition” writing classes for native English speakers. I also taught ESL classes for students from many countries: Japan, China, Thailand, Laos, and Mexico. It was fun and interesting to learn about my students’ different cultures! My interests and hobbies:
Perhaps you’ve seen the horse photos on my Facebook page. . . I’ve worked part-time (freelance) training horses and teaching horseback riding lessons since I was 18 years old.
I enjoy writing. My husband is a professional illustrator, and we published our first children’s book last year.
I enjoy British culture, too! In college, I studied abroad for six months in Edinburgh, Scotland. After college, I worked for six months in Devon, England. My Cafetalk lessons:
I’m looking forward to talking with you!
- I love teaching! My lessons are professional and enthusiastic, and my aim is to help you achieve your English goals in a fun, encouraging, and challenging environment. I’m excited when my students show improvements!
- I listen carefully during lessons, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to speak.
- My lesson materials focus on speaking. These materials are specialized to improve your confidence, accuracy, and smoothness.
- During lessons, I will correct your English, and I’ll teach you more natural expressions, including idioms, phrasal verbs, and collocations.
- My Skype notes are detailed and professional, including pronunciation tips and new vocabulary.
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile, and best wishes in your English studies! I hope to talk with you soon.