Audrey オードリー's Tutor Profile
Next Available Slot
May 23, 2019
Go to Lesson List ↓
This tutor usually accepts requests up to 24 hours before the desired lesson time
Feedback for this tutor
- May 16, 2019 You have a new coupon! - Welcome Spring - ============================ Coupon Name: Welcome Spring (New Students Only) Code: a8d8791e Discoun...
- May 16, 2019 You have a new coupon! - Welcome Spring - ============================ Coupon Name: Welcome Spring (New Students Only) Code: 7888d09d Discoun...
- Apr 23, 2019 You have a new coupon! - Golden Week Holiday - ============================ Coupon Name: Golden Week Holiday Code: 4834ff5e Discount Rate: 30% For...
- Apr 12, 2019 You have a new coupon! - Welcome New Students - ============================ Coupon Name: Welcome New Students (New Students Only) Code: 090a2aca D...
- Mar 29, 2019 New students - You have a new coupon! - Sakura - ============================ Coupon Name: Sakura - new students Code: 522d0e44 Discount Rate: 50% F...
Hi, my name is Audrey. My family and I live in Toronto.
My hobbies are reading, traveling, and studying Japanese, and anything that has to do with fitness and health.
Bachelor of Arts Degree from University of Western Ontario (Canada)
Canadian School of Natural Nutrition
Can Fit Pro (personal training certification)
About My English Lessons
You can improve your spoken English through having casual conversations with me. Topics are flexible. I will correct your mistakes. A lot of times, beginners and intermediate students follow the textbook conversation style. Unfortunately, people don't really talk that way. I can help your English sound more natural and smooth.
Learn by doing
Children are the best English learners in the world. Children learn to speak without textbooks, vocabulary lists, or grammar rules.
Memorizing rules and grammar is good for beginners, but once you have learned basic grammar and built vocabulary, you need to practice speaking to get to the next level. That’s the only way you can be fluent in English. Learning to speak English is like learning to ride a bike, you don’t learn how to ride a bike by watching videos of how to ride a bike or reading a book about the parts of a bike, you learn by doing it. Learning English is the same way.
1. Minimum interruption, valuable corrections
I will not correct you everytime you make a mistake. Continuous corrections does not help you learn English. You will lose confidence and you will not learn anything. Instead, I will pause the conversation from time to time and point out areas you should improve, i.e. pronounciations and grammar mistakes, better vocabulary. This will maximize your speaking time and give you confidence.
2. You speak most of the time
I will ask you questions and lead the conversation in a way that you will speak at least 75% of the time.
3. Real conversations
In our first lesson, I will ask you what topics you would like to talk about. Examples are hobbies, travel, sports, technology, health and fitness, etc.
Experience in Nutrition and Wellness
I have 10 years experience working in a weight loss center, health supplement store and fitness center.
My specialty in Nutrition and Wellness
1. Weight loss through proper eating – Diet doesn’t mean “not eating anything”, and you don’t have to suffer from hunger and feel miserable. We are going to work together on a diet plan that works for you. Weight loss is a difficult journey and I will be with you every step of the way.
2. General health – stress, anxiety, depression
How I can help you
I specialize in helping people lose weight through exercise and nutrition. I am also very good at helping my clients do menu planning, so they know exactly what they should be eating and what they shouldn’t.
Through the use of vitamins, minerals, herbs, and positive lifestyle changes, health problems such as PMS, menopause, stress, anxiety and depression can be treated.
Classes in nutrition and wellness will be conducted in English. Lecture notes in Japanese for "Eating and Emotions, Stress and Anxiety" will be provided upon request.
My Teaching style
Casual, flexible and fun!
This tutor's cancellation policy
• Cancelation possible at any time without charge.
After request is confirmed (fixed)
• Less than 12hours before lesson start time.→ 50% of price charged.
• No-Show→ 100% of price charged.
All lessons by this tutor
- All Lessons
- Health & Fitness
Feedback from students (151)
***i_CHいつも丁寧に説明してくださいます。また、前もって勉強したいものを送っておくと、それに合わせてレッスンをしてくれます。Conversational Cantonese 25 900May 20, 2019
***koks今回はゴールデンウィークに訪れた出雲大社の話などをさせていただきました。私たちは神社を「安産祈願」「縁結び」「合格成就」などで訪れますが、そのあたりの説明がうまくできたかどうか。日本語だと漢字数文字で意味が分かりますが、これを英語で説明するのは大変でしたが、面白かったです。またもう一つ訪れたお寺では、とても歩きにくい石段でしたが、どのように歩きにくかったのか、先生が私に言いたいことを汲み取ってくれて、きちんとした表現を教えてくれたので、とても勉強になりました。Everyday English Conversation 英会話 30 min 30 1,100May 17, 2019
***dow0712Thank you for your help that I don’t know some things. It’s pretty good for me. See you next lesson.
***a.chang老師很親切 且會一些日文與中文 謝謝老師Counseling / Get to know each other 15 min 15 600Apr 23, 2019
***ka_k8優しい先生です。ただたくさんお話をしたいという方には良いかもしれませんが、文章を直したり違う表現を教えてくれたりはないので、勉強にはなりません。Everyday English Conversation 英会話 30 min 30 1,100Apr 21, 2019
|Japanese||Just a few words|
Natural Nutrition Course Completed
Bachelor of Arts
Less than 4 hours
|Last Login: Less than a day|
View: 116 | Apr 24, 2019
Notre Dame Fire
There have been many posts on social media from people expressing their opinion on the restoratio...
View: 115 | Apr 5, 2019
Myths about the common cold
1. You can't catch a cold from the cold weather, or if you don't dress warmly in winter. Cold...
View: 169 | Mar 28, 2019
My trip to Japan
I just came back from an amazing trip to Japan, still recovering from jetlag.It is spring in Japan ...
View: 269 | Feb 13, 2019
I have completed 500 lessons!
Dear students, I am happy to announce that I have completed 500 lessons on Cafetalk. ...
View: 348 | Dec 10, 2018
1. Do you have to attend the office Christmas dinner?Yes, absolutely.2. Office holiday party ...
View: 360 | Dec 7, 2018
How to congratulate a co-worker on a promotion
Why take the time to congratulate a co-worker for getting a promotion?For starters, it is a nice th...
View: 396 | Nov 23, 2018
Let me introduce you to my town - Richmond Hill in Toronto.
I live in the suburbs of Toronto, in the Town of Richmond Hilll. It has a population of 195,020 (20...
View: 430 | Nov 23, 2018
Black Friday is an informal name for the day following Thanksgiving Day in the US, which is the fou...
View: 297 | Nov 15, 2018
Write a letter to Santa and he will write back!
In Canada, you can actually write a letter to Santa and he will write back! This service ...
View: 416 | Oct 16, 2018
Marijuana will be legal in Canada tomorrow (Oct 17)
I am concerned about the legalisation of marijuana in Canada. Starting October 17, anyone ove...
View: 730 | Oct 10, 2018
Free online English test for English students
I found a website which may be useful for students who are planning to take international English e...
View: 464 | Oct 5, 2018
October is my most favourite month of the year. The weather is getting cooler, the leaves are...