Paola's Tutor Profile
Next Available Slot
Jun 25, 2018
Go to Lesson List ↓
This tutor usually accepts requests up to 24 hours before the desired lesson time
Feedback for this tutor
- Jun 18, 2018 Terremoto a Osaka: state bene? - 大阪・関西に住んでいる皆さん、大丈夫ですか？Sono vicina a tutti i miei studenti che abitano a Osaka e dintorni, e spero c...
- Jun 11, 2018 ♡Sono tornata!♡ - Cari studenti, sono tornata! E non vedo l'ora di ricominciare a fare lezione insieme a voi! Vi...
- Apr 26, 2018 結婚休暇のお知らせ♡ - Cari studenti, a maggio mi sposo! E parto subito per la luna di miele, perciò starò v...
- Mar 22, 2018 Vacanze di Pasqua - Cari studenti,da sabato 31 marzo a domenica 8 aprile sarò in vacanza per festeggiare la Pasq...
Ciao a tutti!
My name is Paola and I'm an Italian and English language teacher. I'm also a translator and an interpreter and I work with 3 languages (Italian, English, Japanese).
I'm Calabrian (South Italy), I have studied in Rome and Osaka, and now I live in the stunningly beautiful Tuscany together with my special one.
I'm generally shy, but still a good-mannered, open minded and very understanding person. I want my lessons to be fun!
I like movies and tv series, games of all kind (videogames, board games, riddles, etc), nature and ecologism, animals (especially cats!), decluttering, hiking and climbing mountains, travelling.
What I love about teaching is that I get to share my knowledge of this beautiful language, Italian and it's something very fulfilling to me. Being passionate about languages and linguistics, and having studied foreign languages since I was a child, I became very self-aware about my native language and now can put all of that passion into my lessons.
As for my teaching style: I'm very easy going and not strict at all - why would I be? I was taught to be a patient teacher always keen on what I'm doing and ready to meet my student(s)' needs. As a matter of fact, a teacher, a tutor, should not be considered as an omniscient and superior being, but rather as someone on the same level of the student, who can share their knowledge and help the student in his/her active learning. In fact, it's not "me teaching you", but rather "you learning with my help"!
Furthermore, please note that if you are a native of Italian, English or Japanese (according to the language you're studying), I will be able to offer a more accurate service since I'm familiar with your linguistical line of reasoning and your mistakes will be more easily detected, understood, explained and eventually prevented. This doesn't mean I will take lessons in your language, though: I will try to speak only Italian, otherwise you wouldn't learn anything more than what's on your textbooks! I can explain in your language for the first beginner lessons and, in case of need, for some complicated terms or grammar rules, but I'll do my best to stop using it quickly and give lessons in Italian only. On the other hand, if you speak English but it's not your mothertongue, I won't use it during my lessons because adding a 3rd language would be completely unnecessary and, most of all, dangerous to your learning mechanisms!
About my lessons
Materials: I am very flexible but most students generally end up letting me choose the materials or just trying my original custom made lessons. I own a large variety of textbooks, so sometimes I may also pick a lesson out of one of them, integrate it with some additional material or activity created by me and that's it (whether we will keep using that book or not, is up to the student's reaction). Also, I always try to understand the student's needs as soon as possible and think of funny lessons suitable for them. Sometimes I even have an idea during the first approach with the student, I explain it to them, and if they like it I develop the idea into an original lesson just for them! (for example: doctor, level B2 -> article about the mediterranean diet). Also, I love to be creative and use all the materials available in the modern era! For example I use: movie clips, photos, drawings, songs, blog articles, youtube videos, quiz games and there was this one time when I even cooked together with a student! Also, I try to always include Italian cultural information and to cover all 4 language main skills (listening, reading, speaking, writing). I give homework most of the times (exercises and essays I thoroughly correct).
Preferences: Since Cafetalk lessons are not my only job, I would really appreciate it if you could take seriously and respect my lessons and my time. Therefore:
- Please, show up on time for each lesson, and possibly make sure you're ready (for example, prepare your materials, go to a silent environment where you are alone, check your internet connection, etc). I will send a message before calling you to make sure you're all set.
- In case of a no-show or sudden cancellation (less than 6 hours before the lesson), as stated by my cancellation policy, I will take 100% of the points for a variety of reasons I'm sure you will comprehend. (i.e. other students could not request lessons during the time you booked, I cancelled my other plans for you, I prepared a lesson just for you - which takes 2 to 3 hours of my time and believe me, a lot of creativity and effort, etc). Although, if I deem it appropriate, I may issue a 100% discount coupon in order to allow you to recover your missed lesson, so don't be scared! :)
- If you have any specific idea or request please do not hesitate to tell me before any lesson! I will do my best to fulfill your wishes! Also, if you are new, I would appreciate it if you could send a brief self introduction along with your first lesson request!
- Leave a feedback please! Even if it's not 100% positive, it is very important for me to know about your opinion in order to improve myself, thanks!
♥ Thank you to each one of you and I'm really looking forward to studying with you! Ciao! ♥
This tutor's cancellation policy
• Cancelation possible at any time without charge.
After request is confirmed (fixed)
• Less than 6hours before lesson start time.→ 100% of price charged.
• Between 6-24hours before lesson start time.→ 50% of price charged.
• No-Show→ 100% of price charged.
All lessons by this tutor
- All Lessons
Feedback from students (109)
***amariafresaレッスン始めた時はお釈迦様の展示を見に行った話をしていたのに、どんな流れで名前の話になったのか。。。毎回そんな感じで楽しく時間が過ぎていきます。Chiacchieriamo! Free talk in italiano 50 1,500May 17, 2018
***oshi前半は前回の授業のロールプレイの続き、後半は自分がもっている服や靴を5点持ってきて、その説明をするという内容でした。ロールプレイは・・・もっと練習が必要かもしれません！適切な代名詞を選ぶのに10秒くらいまだかかります。 色々と話して、意外と自分の持っている服の事を自分で知らないんだなと思い知らされました(笑) あと、前置詞"su"は「～について」という意味もあると辞書にあったので、「～について話す」という内容を"parlare su ～"と使っていました。でもparlare su ではなく parlare di が正しいということで、頭に入れました！もう大丈夫だと思います。Chiacchieriamo! Free talk in italiano 50 1,500May 10, 2018
***amariafresa今回は結婚式やお祝いの違いについて。イタリア語って本当に楽しい！いつも楽しいレッスンをありがとうございます。Chiacchieriamo! Free talk in italiano 50 1,500May 6, 2018
***egreenパオラ先生のレッスンを始めて受けました。代名詞の使い方をリクエストしたので、文法メインになるかと予想しましたが、聞き取りあり、文法説明あり、と盛りだくさんな内容でした。改めて、聞き取りも、会話も、もっと勉強したいと思ったレッスンでした。Intermediate Italian (B1-B2) 60 2,500May 2, 2018
|Spanish||Just a few words|
Cambridge English: Advanced B
DITALS (Teaching Italian as a Foreign Language) II
Less than 4 hours
|Last Login: Less than a day|
View: 682 | Jul 26, 2017
La mia vacanza in montagna (皆さまへのオプショナル宿題！）
Ciao a tutti!! Sono tornata dalla mia vacanza in montagna da 2 settimane, ma solo ora ho tempo di s...
View: 1009 | Feb 16, 2017
Il mio "lesson kit"!
Ciao a tutti! Come va? Io ultimamente sono molto impegnata con le lezioni e il lavoro, ma sto benis...
View: 1062 | Nov 8, 2016
Ciao a tutti! この投稿はイタリア語についての根本的な情報です。 イタリア語に興味を持つ生徒の方にお勧めしますので、イタリア語の勉強を始める前に是非ご参照ください。 まず、Wiki...
View: 928 | Aug 3, 2016
Valle d'Aosta ♥
Ciao a tutti! Sono tornata dalle vacanze! Oggi scrivo un post solo in italiano, così potret...
View: 895 | Jan 14, 2016
新年・新パソコン・新プロフィール！Anno nuovo, computer nuovo, profilo nuovo!
カフェトークの皆様、明けましておめでとうございます。 まあ、もう14日なので遅いかなぁと。ｗでもこれは私の2016年の1番目の投稿文ですので、何とか言わなければならないと思いました。 皆様のお正...
View: 793 | Dec 28, 2015
Dal 2016 comincio... / 新年の決意
Ciao a tutti! Come va? Manca poco a Capodanno, eh? Oggi vorrei scrivere un post bilingue.皆様、お元気ですか？...
View: 842 | Dec 3, 2015
Ciao! Come va?皆さん、こんにちは！お元気にしていますか？ 日本のクリスマスデコレーションはどうですか？イタリアはハロウィーンが終わった途端、クリスマスイルミネーションで輝いて始めまし...
View: 912 | Nov 12, 2015
Ciao a tutti! 皆さん、こんばんは～ 今日はイタリア人自身迷わせているイタリア語の謎について話したいと思います。 まず、イタリア語の月の名前を復習しま...
View: 785 | Sep 30, 2015
夏の終わりです。L'estate è finita!
Ciao utenti di Cafetalk! Come state? Avete passato un'estate piacevole? Cafetalkの皆様、お元気ですか？この夏はどうで...
View: 945 | Jul 27, 2015