Q: I’m interested in your lesson, “English Comes Alive!” Please tell us about the lesson details.more→
Dani L.'s Tutor Profile
Next Available Slot
Dec 13, 2018
Go to Lesson List ↓
This tutor usually accepts requests up to 24 hours before the desired lesson time
Feedback for this tutor
- Dec 11, 2018 Hi! It's award season again... - Dear students, Thank you SO much for those of you who already casted votes for my lessons. To ...
- Nov 26, 2018 Open slots :) - Hi everyone!Just thought I'd mention that I've gotten a few cancellations this week, so you can che...
- Nov 14, 2018 A few extra hours on December 1st! - Hello everyone, I opened a few hours on Saturday, December 1st. To anyone who's interested, sn...
- Nov 5, 2018 Busy Bee Announcement! - Hi everyone,November seems to be super busy. Since I have back-to-back classes, please expect my ca...
- Nov 1, 2018 Price change + lesson update notice - Hi Students!I'm happy to say that I've been on Cafetalk for just over 4 years now. Thank you so muc...
Hello and bonjour!
My name is Dani and I am a teacher from Vancouver, British Columbia. I am now living in Montreal, Quebec (a French speaking province). Just before moving here permanently, I spent seven months in Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, which is right below the Arctic Circle. Sometimes, polar bears roamed on the edge of town!
Before deciding to pursue my university degrees, I studied to become a professional make-up artist. However, I realized that my true calling was in education. Though I specialized in primary education, I have taught students of all ages, and I especially enjoy teaching adults!
While I was in university, I was fortunate enough to have some of my work published in a magazine and in academic handbooks. Currently, I am the content editor for a non-profit organization called End Poverty Now. Feel free to check out my proofreading services on my lessons list!
Some of my interests include painting, cooking, hiking, creative writing, LEARNING, creating educational content, making people think deeply, laughing, blues music, and getting to know YOU! ;)
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
- Bachelor of Education
- Read about my teaching philosophy on my teaching blog!
It's all about you! Feel free to browse through the lessons that I prepared already. I am open to ideas for new lessons if you don't see anything you like!
Apart from being flexible and patient, I also believe that laughter is important because it builds a warm teacher-student relationship. ;)
Do you want a professional, fun and easy-going tutor? Then contact me. I can't wait to meet you!
Supporter's voice | What's a Supporter?
This tutor's cancellation policy
• Cancelation possible at any time without charge.
After request is confirmed (fixed)
• Less than 12hours before lesson start time.→ 100% of price charged.
• Between 12-24hours before lesson start time.→ 50% of price charged.
• No-Show→ 100% of price charged.
All lessons by this tutor
Feedback from students (535)
***ekoMこのレッスンは初めて受けましたが、とても充実していました。 たくさんのことを教えてもらい、 非常にいいレッスンです。"English Comes Alive!" 50 2,700Dec 10, 2018
|French||Just a few words|
Licensed Teacher Junior High K-12
Bachelor of Arts English
Less than 4 hours
|Last Login: Less than a day|
View: 1865 | Jun 9, 2017 | 9
4. Quick Tips - Informal suffix "-ish"
Hi everyone! Sorry, I made a mistake in the begining of the video! Please read the...
View: 1793 | Jun 1, 2017 | 4
Using the phrase, "At first".
Hi Cafetalk Students! Have you been using the phrase, "At first" incorrectly? Wa...
View: 1794 | May 26, 2017
"Chat Attack" is Back! --> Limited Time Offer
Hi everyone! As a part of my summer promotion, I'm relaunching my popular lesson pack, "Chat Attac...
View: 1638 | May 24, 2017 | 5
8. CMEW (Commonly Misspelled English Words)
Hi! It has been a hot minute since I've done a CMEW video! These videos will help you learn ...
View: 1860 | May 20, 2017
May 2017 Updates!
Hi everyone! Please click on CC for subtitles. :) - Dani L.
View: 1317 | May 19, 2017 | 2
Lesson Update: From CNN to BBC
Hi Students! I've noticed that the quality of CNN video clips has changed in recent months. ...
View: 1085 | May 17, 2017 | 2
A Quick Hello + Summer Schedule
Hi everyone! It has been a minute since I've posted here. Anyway, I just got back ...
View: 1247 | Nov 16, 2016
A Little Motivation from a Pint-sized Polyglot!
Hi everyone! Just thought I'd post a video of an adorable little girl speaking 7 languages! ...
View: 1545 | Dec 5, 2015
Broadcast viewers: Please Read!
Thank you to all of you who've purchased my broadcast! If you still haven't yet, click h...
View: 2208 | Nov 30, 2015 | 4
Live Broadcast: Meet the Guy who Stole My Heart!
Hi Cafetalk! Do you want to learn more about some of your Cafetalk tutors?! Check out our up...
View: 1655 | Oct 31, 2015
Introducing my "Superkids' Convo!" Lesson
Hi everyone! I've finally decided to make a kids' conversation lesson. Please read the detai...
View: 1959 | Oct 23, 2015 | 3
2. Quick Tips
Click on "CC" for subtitles. Glossary: Mother forklift! (interjection) = "Aiyah!" &nb...