Do try this at home - cooking
What my partner is good at
There are many different ways of learning and practicing English, from taking online lessons, to watching series with subtitles. It really helps if you enjoy what you are doing! Following an English recipe is another way of learning, and hopefully you'll also end up with a delicious meal.
Here is a recipe for a really delicious West African soup, perfect for keeping you warm in winter.
Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
1) Fry 1 sliced onion in a little oil with salt, until soft.
2) Add a sliced red pepper, 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced, 2cm ginger, peeled and sliced, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon paprika powder, and some sliced chili (add the amount of chili you like, depending on how spicy you like your food). Fry for 1 minute.
3) Add 3 peeled and chopped tomatoes, and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
4) Stir in 800gm peeled and chopped sweet potatoes and 1 liter of broth.
5) Cook for about 20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are soft.
7) Serve in bowls, and sprinkle roasted peanuts on top.
The combination of sweet potatoes, peanut butter and tomatoes might sound unusual, but this is a really delicious, spicy soup. I hope you enjoy making and eating it.